About a month ago, the snow came blustering into Alaska. Along with the weather, our lives also took a change in direction as Meghan left to try life on her own (at Grandpa and Grandma Grant's though) and Chad, Fiona, and Mia came to begin a new life together with us in Alaska. Mike and I became live-in grandparents/parents/babysitters/playmates/comforters/teachers...all of the titles that come with having children full-time in the house again. To say that we're thrilled to have our granddaughters here is an understatement, but boy are we worn out after a month. Mike has told me all along that "the girls" would be here with us eventually. I don't know why I didn't have more faith in his predictions but I should have. I guess this means I should have more faith in some of his other predictions, but those are for another time.
Chad started a new job with Home Depot. After some crazy stress with Family Services in Utah and the rescue from Papa Bill and Grandma Ann (Fiona and Mia's maternal grandparents), the girls are settling into life as students. They love exploring the outdoors around our house. They love school and the fact that they get to go swimming and that Gramma is right upstairs. They have collected the attention of my "big kids" who are curious about them and want to talk with them. I even have one senior boy who wanted to take a field trip to look at the granddaughters. The girls have been to a birthday party already, participated in a Primary program, seen A LOT of moose on the way to and from school, had a Stone Soup party, discovered that eggs come from real chickens, and are now preparing for a Christmas program. Mine and Mike's lives have gone from quiet evenings after work to hustle and bustle of math, spelling, and reading thrown in with a game of MarioKart on the Wii. The dogs love the new attention and are thrilled to be outside every minute that the girls are.
We're happy to finally be settling into routine. I've had to give Mike a little guff over the things he does for his girls, but he turns around and gives it right back -- with a new septic tank and a more reliable form of transportation richer.
As I've pondered my gratitude over the past week with Thanksgiving, I am grateful for a safe and secure place in which these little girls could find refuge. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has heard the countless prayers on behalf of these beautiful girls. I'm grateful that they are part of my life!



https://www.cekaja.com/info/film-zombie-terbaik-sepanjang-masa/
ReplyDelete